From Danleff Wiki
Version 7.2 iOS
Version 7 iOS
- Jailbreak 7.0.4 iOS Evasi0n
- NOTES: if the phone is already jailbroken on iOS 6, restore it via iTunes after doing a backup.
- Do the jailbreak, then restore the backup to the phone.
Version 6 iOS
Devices it works for: iPhone 4 (For AT&T AND Verizon Models) iPhone 3GS iPod Touch 2nd Gen (MC and Non-MC Models) iPod Touch 3rd Gen iPod Touch 4th Gen Steps:
- 1. Download Greenpois0n for your OS (Windows and Mac) – http://www.greenpois0n.com
- 2. Open Greenpois0n + iTunes and set your iDevice into DFU mode by following these instrucations:
- a. Hold down the home and power button for a total of 10 seconds
- b. Let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button for 20 seconds
- 3a. Hit “Jailbeak” in Greenpois0n – If your on a Mac
- 3b. Hit “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” in Greenpois0n then “Jailbreak!” – If your on a Windows
- 4. (conditional) If your iDevice just goes to the Apple logo (instantly) or if it just says failed then follow steps 2-3 again!
- 5. (conditional) If step 4 (conditional) doesn’t work then you MUST restore to 4.2.1
- 6. (conditional) If you don’t have “Loader” to install Cydia AND IT WORKED ALL OF THE WAY then run Redsn0w over it – here is a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-h597PR_KI
- NOTE** You must have the latest version of iTunes!
- Absinthe Linux
- Absinthe 2.0
- Mounting iPhone in Linux
- Libimobiledev Home Page
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered On Linux Version Of Absinthe Tutorial
- Firmware and tools
- Firmware Downloads
- More downloads of firmware Good
- Transfer Photos from iPhone wirelessly using SSH
- Files are located under /User/Media/DCIM/100APPLE” folder.
- Use cydia to install OpenSSH on the iphone.
- Use Audacity to export an MP3 to M4A format.
- Rename the file to M4R
- log into SSH ( Connect to server) in Fedora once connecting OpenSSH and determining the IP address. The user is root and the password is alpine.
- Navigate to Library/Ringtones and copy the ringtone to that directory.
- If using iTunes, sync the ringtone after adding it to the ringtone menu - Ringtones must be 30 seconds or less.
- Ringtone FAQ
- Internet tethering does not work-Fedora
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone).
- Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button.
- Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected by iTunes.